Mold loves to choose damp, dark, and hard to get areas to grow. Probably all of the buildings have at least a couple of premises that will fit perfectly for the mold growth. It can be bathrooms, basements, attics, and so on. And school is not an exception.
Mold can pose a threat to human health, especially to children. So it is obvious that in case of mold notification in school it should be removed as soon as possible. But how to do it properly: let the caretaker do it or hire professional technicians for such a job? Let’s find the right answer to this question.
Mold: What Is It?
Mold is one of the types of fungi. It is a naturally occurring organism that grows best in areas with a high level of moisture and respectively poor level of ventilation. Mold reproduces by making spores.
There are numerous types of mold and they can grow almost everywhere, for example in:
- Food and others.
Mold: How Dangerous It Can Be?
Mold can become an extreme danger for human health, both for children and adults, because of irritants, allergens, and toxins that mold can produce. But children’s health can become an easier victim for such issues after touching or inhaling mold spores:
- Runny nose;
- Red eyes;
- Skin rash;
- And other allergic reactions.
Moreover, such contact with mold spores at a young age can become a reason for asthma developing. Those mold spores that produce toxins can cause chest infections increasing by immune system suppressing.
This list of potential health issues should be enough to understand how dangerous mold can be and why it is so important to remove it thoroughly and as fast as possible.
Mold: Why It Is Better to Hire Professionals?
The process of mold removal needs to be done properly to ensure thorough safety for children’s health. Such cleaning cannot be done without professional chemicals and technics. This is why your caretaker will not be able to fight this issue by himself. Moreover, this cleaning process can be dangerous for him also, in case he has no required personal protective equipment.
So if you would like to overcome such a stubborn issue as mold, it will be wise to hire a professional cleaning company with successful experience with fighting such a problem. Especially in case, you have noticed the most dangerous type of mold, namely black mold.
So in case, your school in Illinois faced such a disaster as mold growth, call Signature Water and Fire Restoration and our professional team of technicians will perform all of the necessary works and make sure that all of the premises are safe for kids and adults again. Here is our 24/7 phone number: 1-224-515-0100.