Hundreds of thousands of fires in the residential houses throughout the US are reported every year. Happily, local fire departments easily handle most of this significant number of fires. At the same time, the damage caused by these fires at the residential houses is estimated at billions of dollars.
To avoid your home from such a disaster and save your property and family from the aftermath of the fire, you need to be awarded and prepared. Education and will be more than helpful in this case. It helps to minimize the risk of such types of a residential house fire as heating, electrical, kitchen, and others.
Choose Signature Water and Fire Restoration in Case of Fire Damage
Signature Water and Fire Restoration is an Illinois based restoration company, technician specialists of which have certificates from the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The company provides its clients with a full range of services regarding property restoration after such damage as water damage, fire damage, mold infestation, as well as professional smell removal services, cleaning services, repair services, and reinstallation services.
In case you faced any of the issues mentioned above, feel free to call on our 24/7 phone number 1-224-515-0100, and our specialist will arrive and start the respective work as soon as possible. Our technicians use the most modern and effective techniques and equipment to bring your home and life back to normal fast.
Get More Information about Fire Safety
To get more information on how you can avoid your home from fire damage, you can always contact Signature Water and Fire Restoration and our specialists provide you with the respective guide with the latest information in it.
Below you will be able to find some of the actual statistic data regarding fire safety, so take your time and get acquainted with it.
Top Causes of Residential House Fires:
The Major Statistic Data Regarding Fire Safety:
- More than 1.3 million fires reported per year;
- 607 thousand outdoor fires reported annually;
- Over 499 thousand structure fires reported annually;
- 78% of all structure fires are residential house fires;
- More than 3.6 thousand civilian deaths per year because of fire;
- Over 15 thousand injuries because of fire reported annually.
Tips That Helps You to Prevent Fire Damage:
- Fire extinguishers need to be placed in the kitchen and near the fireplace;
- Be careful in the kitchen, namely do not leave a hot stovetop unattended and keep any distractions out;
- Space heaters need to be placed at least in three feet from any flammable objects;
- Smoke alarms need to be installed on each level of your house and need to be checked and tested at least once per month.
Fire Safety for Your Family Members:
- An escape plan needs to be created. Take every member of your family and walk through every room in the home to identify and discuss all possible exits and escapes. Make sure that even children understand the plan;
- The meeting place needs to be selected. In case of fire, all of your family members need to know the exact spot where all of you meet after escaping the house. For example, it may be a neighbor’s house;
- Practice your fire escape plan at least twice per year with all of your family members.
Residual Damage Caused by Fire:
- Water damage. Your local fire department will use a fire hose to squash the fire in its tracks. It means that a lot of water damage will wind up soaking your home;
- Electrical system damage. The electrical system in your house will take quite a bit of damage during a fire, as wires melt and sockets fail;
- Soot contamination. A fine layer of soot is produced as items in your home burn. Every hard surface and object in your house will be covered by the soot;
- Smoke contamination. Airborne smoke contaminations that produce because of fire can be dangerous for yours and your family members’ respiratory health.
Be prepared and together we will keep you, your family, and friends safe. Share these safety tips with your friend and family, and call Signature Water and Fire Restoration in case you faced fire damage in your residential house.