It is totally natural that all of the parents worry about their children’s safety because of the COVID-19 pandemic that is still active raging all around the world. But the academic year is about to begin and children go back to schools to gain new knowledge. That is why it is so important to understand how to keep them safe, as well as teachers and all school staff.
Of course, the first step that should be done is to hire a professional cleaning company for sanitizing and cleaning of all premises, before the first school day.
The second step is as well important as the first one, it is the creation and following a detailed action plan for keeping a school sanitizes and safe. This plan includes requirements for school cleaners’ work, especially in high-touch areas. As well as training for students and teachers about daily hygiene rules that help to protect themselves from the virus while at school.
How to Upkeep School Hygiene?
According to what is already known about Coronavirus, it is spread from person to person. That is why the first rule that students and teachers should follow is regularly cleaning and washing their hands. School administrative should make sure that all of the staff and students are informed about it. One of the best ways to do it is to perform training and place the following signs in classrooms, corridors, restrooms, etc.:
- Wash and sanitize your hand as often as possible;
- Clean and sanitize all shared equipment and spaces before and after using (use alcohol-based sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for it);
- Limit the sharing of equipment, food, or any other items.
Cleaning and Disinfecting: What is the Difference?
Both of these processes need to take place in school to keep it safe and slow the spread of infectious diseases, such as COVID-19. Cleaning and disinfecting are equally important during the cleaning process and need to be performed properly, namely:
- The first step of the cleaning process is disinfecting using specific chemicals for killing bacteria and germs on objects and surfaces. This step helps to slow the spread of infection. But such chemicals do not help to remove germs and dirt from objects and surfaces.
- That is why the second step is cleaning objects and surfaces after disinfection using water with soap or detergent. Such cleaning helps to remove germs and dirt and lower the risk of spreading infectious diseases.
The List of the Most Important Areas for Disinfecting and Cleaning
Such a list should be created in every school and include all of the premises and areas that should be disinfect and clean with special attention, as well as specific rules and schedule of disinfecting and cleaning for each of them. Such a list should include but not limited the following premises and areas:
- Door handles, taps, areas around toilets need to be disinfected and cleaned regularly before, after, and during the school day. Moreover, there should be placed the signs that informed students that it is crucial to wash hands after using the restroom and that they can limit touching the surfaces by using paper towels for flushing the toilet and turning off the tap.
- Door handles, light switches, desks need to be disinfected and cleaned regularly before, after, and during the school day. A fast-acting disinfectant should be used for disinfecting between classes.
- Horizontal bars, skipping ropes, mats, and other sports equipment that is being shared should be disinfected after each use. All students should take a shower after sport and use personal soap and towels for it.
- Computer room, library, and other shared workspaces. All of the shared workspaces that cannot be closed for a pandemic period should be disinfected after each use. In the case of a computer class, special attention should be paid to keyboards and computer mice.
Selecting the right cleaning company for such crucial work as a disinfecting a school can be challenging. But not if you are from Illinois because in this case, a professional team of cleaners from Signature Water and Fire Restoration will be more than glad to help you to make the school disinfected, clean, and safe for students and teachers. Our team using disinfectants that are registered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) only, as well as best practices. In case you are interested in scheduling such professional and thorough cleanings on a weekly or monthly basis, our team will help you with it. To get more information or schedule a cleaning please call us. Here is our 24/7 phone number: 1-224-515-0100.