The residential septic tank is truly one of the most complex units in the plumbing system of your house. And one of the reasons why it is so is the location of the septic tank deep underground. It is quite challenging to identify the issue in the work of the unit with such a location, isn’t it?
In case the issue did not identify before it is too late, full-blown sewage cleanup is required. Such a cleanup includes the following stages:
- Excavating the septic tank;
- Emptying the contents;
- Performing the reparation works;
- Cleaning the mess left after previous stages.
as you probably already understand this process can be messy, lengthy, and much costlier than sewage cleanup when the issue is identified in the initial stage. That is why it is so important to know the signs that can let you know about issues with your septic tank and perform their inspection regularly to save your nerves and money.
The List of Signs That Can Let You Know About an Issue
You will be pleasantly surprised how easy can be to solve the issue with a septic tank that was identified on time. So to make your life easier, we prepare the list of these warning signs.
Also please be noticed that contact with the raw sewage can be extremely dangerous for you or your family members’ health. Such sewage contains numerous harmful contamination, such as parasites, viruses, bacteria, that easily can become the cause of serious infection and illness. Even minor contact of raw sewage with your skin or inhalation of its vapors can cause a long-time disease. That is why in the case of the septic tank disaster call professionals to handle the aftermaths, do not risk your and your family health.
So here is a list of warning signs that helps you to identify an issue with your septic tank before it is too late:
- Toilet flushing issues. Since the toilet is directly connected with your residential septic tank, such issues with its flushing when the water simply will not go down the drain are letting you know about a clog;
- Slow drainage. In case you noticed that every drain in your residential house will run slow, it is an evident sign of issues with the septic tank. If waste and water go down the drain slow, it can be a sign of a clog;
- Standing water in your yard or house. Standing water can be a sign of a leaking septic tank. In the yard, it can look like a puddle of brown water with an unpleasant odor. In the house, such water can appear in the toilet, sink, or bathtub;
- Unpleasant odors. All people know that sewage has an unpleasant odor, so if you felt a foul smell like a rotten egg in your house, especially in the bathroom, it can be a sign of a septic tank leaking back to the house through the drainage system. In such case call professionals immediately, because such a leak can lead to significant issues quite soon;
- Gurgling sounds. If you have heard gurgling sounds from your toilet after flushing water or from your bathtub or sink after you turn on the faucet, it can be a sign of a full septic tank that is ready for leaking soon.
With the information above, it will be much easier for you to inspect the conditions of your residential septic tank. And if you noticed any of such signs, please do not ignore them and do not waste precious time, call professionals as soon as possible.
In case your residential septic tank in Illinois requires works of any complexity, call Signature Water and Fire Restoration, and our specialists will help you to handle any type of issue with it. Here is our 24/7 phone number: 1-224-515-0100.