Things at your place like carpets, clothing, furniture accumulate all the possible smells over years. At some moment these smells will release contamination into the air, which may injure people suffering from allergies, asthmas, or just have sensitive receptors.
The good news is that it is possible to get rid of these odors by hiring a team from the professional restoration company for odors removal. Using professional equipment and knowledge they’re able to remove even strong smoke odors in a short period, allowing you to breathe freely without any danger.
Odors Removal Process Preparation
The complex restoration work regarding odors removal can be 100% effective only if the process is handled by the professional team. Nevertheless, to speed up, the process homeowners can do some useful preparations and apply helpful DIY technics.
The first step is to find and remove the source. Obviously, to remove smoke odors the surfaces must be cleared from fire and smoke damage, the ash, and coal should be also completely removed.
Do not believe the myths that scented candles or aroma sprays can help you with smoke odors, they just mask the problem for a while. What you can really do is manage good ventilation for removal of the strong smell by diluting it with fresh air, but not clear contaminated things from it totally.
Helpful Tips to Remove Smoke Odors (DIY Methods)
So when the essential preparation has been completed the DIY technics can be applied.
- Wash and thoroughly scrub all exterior surfaces, including walls, decks, driveways, windows, and screens.
- Thoroughly wash and scrub all the surfaces, interior, and exterior, including walls, windows, decks, siding, driveways, floors, roof, and so on.
- Processing the interior, you should also spend time for disinfection. Use mild soap or other specific solutions and clean interior walls, floors, ceiling, furniture, windows sills. Include to the list even smaller items, like pictures and picture frames, souvenirs, and appliances. Speaking about the furniture pay special attention to the inner surfaces of cabinets, closets, drawers, and so on.
- All the clothes which were inside the burning house should be thoroughly laundered. The same applies to carpets, curtains and blinds, upholstery, and even mattresses. Although the last-named things are better to clean with steam.
- Clean your HVAC system, including air ducts from the soot, ash, and other debris, so ventilation will drop only fresh air. Change filters immediately after the accident and keep it changed each month.
The smoke odors removal is a complex multi-task process, which requires a lot of time efforts for completion. This is one of the reasons why the professional restoration team is recommended for hire. Another one is the expertise and equipment applied by professionals, which allows us to save time and get back to normal life and healthy breathing at home faster.
If you are faced with any sort of unpleasant odors and want to remove it quickly with no chances to come back call Signature Water and Fire Restoration team. We’ll do our best for you 24/7 and bring you back the fresh clean air.