The fire in the residential house is more than a nervous and hard situation for every homeowner. In any case, you need to leave a house and make a call to emergency services immediately. After the emergency finished, you can contact Signature Water and Fire Restoration, professionals in the restoration of the fire-damaged property.
Many homeowners have a desire to enter the house during a fire emergency and try to save some of their possessions. But please do not try to do it since it is very dangerous for your health and life. Even if you want to enter the area where is no fire yet, remember that there are soot and smoke contaminants in the air. So just let professionals do their job.
Professional Inspection of the Property and Fire Damage Mitigation
After the fire is extinguished, your house is still not safe enough to enter it. There are certain risks for your health that may be caused by soot, smoke and embers left after the fire. Here is a list of these health risks:
- Risk of skin damage. Smoke and soot may cause skin irritation and dryness, itching and even third-degree burns;
- Risk of eye damage. Eye redness and lacrimation that may be caused by soot and smoke can lead to itching, discomfort and even impaired vision;
- Risk of breathing issues. Inhalation of smoke can lead you to the serious aftermath such as breath shortness, coughing, bronchitis, and even asthma attacks;
- Risk of serious health issues. Such issues include the following: infants’ issues with development, cancer, stroke, heart attack and so on.
Why It Is Better to Call Professionals?
As you can see from the information above, there is too risky for a homeowner to try to handle such an issue as fire damage by himself. That is why it is better to contact professional restoration company with Certificate from IICRC and its specialists will help you with the following works:
- Mitigation of the fire damage. The first thing that needs to be done is the removal of embers from the house as fast as possible. Because as longer them stay inside the house, as worse the damage caused by them;
- Removal of soot and debris after the fire. As well as with the embers, soot needs to be removed from the house as soon as possible. Because it harms every material that it touches. Our specialist will remove all the soot and debris from your house fast and effectively with using specialized high-powered vacuums and best practices;
- Elimination of the unpleasant smells after the fire. An unpleasant odor may be caused by smoke that can seep into all crevice, cracks and even closed rooms of the house. This smoke needs to be removed because it may cause health issues, especially respiratory illness;
- Salvage of possessions. Our team of professionals will salvage as many possessions in your home after the fire as possible. All of them will be thoroughly cleaned up and restored. But those possessions that cannot be salvaged will be disposed;
- Thoroughly cleaning up the damaged by fire areas. To prevent health risks for you as a homeowner and your family, it is necessary to perform a deep cleaning of damaged areas and remove all of soot and smoke from a hard surface, furniture, and fabric.
In case your residential property in Illinois faced fire damage, please feel free to call Signature Water and Fire Restoration and our specialists will help you with this issue. Our phone number is 1-224-515-0100, call us!