Water damage can be not only destructing but troublesome and exhausting as well. Happily, Signature Water and Fire Restoration know a couple of secrets to minimize the adverse effects of floods and water damage.
One of the first and essential tips is to react quickly, so the time of destruction will be shortened and consequences will be not so frightening. Below you can find several tips to avoid panic, make your reaction quick and actions effective:
Any kind of standing water should be removed:
- Call the insurance company and provide it with all necessary details;
- Wait upon the insurer to make a note on the damaged property. Then you should remove all damaged things, which have no chances to be restored;
- Define objects, which can be restored and separate them from others, keep them carefully;
- Plug off appliances, electrical equipment, and de-energize sockets, but be careful with electrics in general. Avoid electric wires, especially at places which suffered from the water a lot;
- Remove water and clean surfaces to avoid bacteria, mildew, and mold;
- Call the trusted restoration company, like for example considered to be Signature Water and Fire Restoration to eliminate more complex and difficult consequences of water and flood damage!
You can contact us anytime at 1-224-515-0100, so we may start helping you as fast as you need it!