Probably all of the homeowners who live in the northern states know how big can be an issue and the consequences caused by the burst pipes:
- When it happens with water supplying companies, hundreds of houses can be left without water until the burst will be fixed;
- In case it happens in school and causes water flooding, children cannot go there until everything will be restored and everyone will be ensured that there is no danger for students to go back;
- Also, many residential and business properties face water damage and issues with the water supply because of such burst pipes when decent thaw sets after prolonged frost.
What is the Reason for Burst Pipes?
As you already may understand from the above information, the temperature change is the main reason for such an issue, but let’s explore how exactly it works:
- During the frosty weather with the temperature below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, water in pipes freezes;
- And as you probably remember from the school lessons, when water freezes and becomes the ice it expands;
- This expansion causes pipes’ splitting which leads to water leaks and burst pipes once the weather becomes warm again.
How Our Specialists Can Help You?
Signature Water and Fire Restoration is a professional company with many years of experience and a proven reputation that conducts its business in Illinois. We have a wide range of services in the cleaning, decontamination, disinfection, and restoration sphere.
Our specialists have all of the necessary equipment, knowledge, and experience to:
- Detect the exact place of the water leak and start to fix it immediately. Specialists that have not such equipment, will spend a lot of time to find the leak, and every second there will come more and more water that will cause worse and worse damage;
- Remove standing water and thoroughly dry the affected area. The longer time standing water will be in the property, the worse damage it will cause. That is why it is so important to remove it as quickly as possible;
- Take care of the cleaning process. Everything that can be restored and saved will be salvaged. Everything that cannot be salvaged will be put in bags and throw away. Your house will be back to the inhabited condition as soon as possible while you will be able to focus on your day-to-day.
In case your residential or commercial property in Illinois faced flooding, call Signature Water and Fire Restoration will be glad to help you with the consequences of such a disaster and back your life back to normal. Here is our 24/7 phone number: 1-224-515-0100.