Not everyone knows the fact that mold spores are all around us everywhere. It means they are in our environment, every premises of our houses, and even in our clothing. And such mold spores are not dangerous for people without severe allergy issues. But once mold spores find a favorable environment for settlement and growth in your residential house, it becomes a problem because infestation of your property has been started. so to make sure that you and your family are safe, you should inspect your home on a regular basis for warning signs that can let you know about mold growth.
The List of Such Warning Signs
Below you will be able to find information about the most common signs of mold growth inside the residential house. Once you noticed any of them in your house, do not hesitate to call professionals in mold remediation to handle this issue. So here is a list:
- Mold settlements can be identified by an unpleasant wet smell, so if you felt such an odor around the house, especially in a centralized location, it is time to call a mold remediation company;
- In case you noticed that the level of humidity in your residential house or in some of its areas has been increased, it may lead to mold growth. Start the inspection of your home from places where water leaking may be found, such as crawlspace, attic, basement, etc.;
- In case you noticed that you or members of your family experienced coughing, throat and eye irritation, trouble breathing, asthma attack, and other allergy-like symptoms, probably they caused by mold growth somewhere in your house;
- In case your residential house recently got damaged by water, it increases the risk level of a mold infestation of damaged areas;
- If you noticed dark patches, fuzzy growths, or any other physical aspects of a mold infestation, it is an evident sign that you need to call a professional company that specified on mold remediation. You need to call as soon as possible before mold infestation affects your family members’ health.
Why Mold Growth is Dangerous for Your Family’s Health?
As we already mentioned above, a mold infestation can harm your health and the health of your family members. And as larger the mold infestation, as more capable it is to negatively affect human and pet health. Especially it is dangerous for children and the elderly.
Here is a list of the most common health effects caused by mold infestation:
- Runny nose;
- Watery eyes;
- Itchy eyes;
- Eye and throat irritation;
- Long-term respiratory disease;
- And even a risk of certain types of heart disease or cancer.
In case you noticed any of the abovementioned warning signs or suspect that mold infestation is the cause of health issues in your family, do not hesitate to call Signature Water and Fire Restoration, and our specialists will help you to identify all of the areas in your residential house that affected by mold growth and remediate the mold infestation. Here is our 24/7 phone number: 1-224-515-0100.